Sunday 14 June 2009

History

All of my childhood years were spent skateboarding on the streets of Bristol. Undoubtedly this helped to develop a creative outlook on the world around me - a low wall becomes a rail slide, a tree stump that has raised a paving slab becomes a jump ramp, modern architecture becomes a challenging obstacle to ride on...

Even when it rained i lived skateboarding. Hooking up 2 VHS video recorders with scart leads so we could rip copies of the latest videos was a winter hobby... 

Curiosity lead me to see if anyone had uploaded my favourite clip from the New Deal video - Whatever! and there it was. Just as terrible a copy as i owned 15 years ago - but the style of Ron Knigge is still just as inspirational. I spent days trying to recreate the trick he does at 2:04...


No comments: