Tuesday 18 November 2008

Children of the Can
















OK, so you have probably heard all about Felix 'FLX' Braun's book, Children of the Can - 25 Years of Bristol Graffiti by now, but having just had the pleasure of a preview i have to tell y'all... It is awesome.

I was more than happy to help Felix out with this book and gave him a good chunk of the Bristol graffiti photos i have collected over the 15 or so years i have been snapping away in this city - and it is great to see how many of those flicks made it into the publication.

A book about the past and present of Bristol graff has been talked about by writers for as long as I have been painting - I have even thought about putting something together myself, although thinking about it was honestly as far as i ever got...
In my opinion, it needed someone who has the patience to collect and collate all the photos, carefully write up all the text, and deal with the huge task of piecing it all together - as well as mix with all the writers from both the early days in the '80's through to the hardcore boys who are keeping the illegal side alive and kicking today. And I couldn't think of anyone to handle the job better than Mr FLX. I know how much time, effort and thought he put into producing this book and that dedication has certainly paid off. So good on ya mate - you did what we have all talked about doing for so long, and fully did it justice too. I tip my purple beanie in your direction...

After dropping in on FLX for a quick cuppa, I left two hours later - having read not a bit of text, only scanning the photos. I cant wait to loose a few more hours in the text.

Go and grab yourself a copy here. Highy recommended!

No comments: