Tuesday 28 October 2008

Print Making

Last week saw a quick idea turn into a full blown project in a matter of a few minutes. I’ll explain…

After the fun and games and live painting at the Upfest (see previous post), I had been approached by a few people who were interested in buying a canvas I had displayed in the bar area of the Tobacco Factory. As well from being pretty chuffed that one of my paintings had grabbed the attention of a few visitors to the event, I was also somewhat loathing the idea of fulfilling the request to paint the same canvas again – which got me thinking about producing a screen-print of the image.

I gave a quick call to my friend at Let Them Hang to discuss the idea and see if it would be possible, popped in for a spot of lunch and a cuppa, and left with a full brief of what I needed to produce to make a screen-print of one of my ‘photograffiti’ paintings. The process of which could be described as making an ‘Analogue Photoshop file’…

Although totally unintentional, this project coincides nicely with me starting up this blog, so ill document the process of making the print here - From the original first painting at the Upfest, all the way through to the final print - Which will hopefully develop pretty quickly, that is unless my nipper to be makes an early appearance!

So from the beginning – projecting the graphic onto matt black card and painting in the spaces with white acrylic paint…
































No comments: